Hey Bikini Babes! What’s your favorite meal of the day? Hands down, mine is breakfast. It’s the one meal I look forward to every single day. There’s always a cup of coffee , my journal for the day and a bowl of oats on the table! That’s why I’m so excited to announce that I’m going to be sharing one of my favourite recipes today. Breakfast sets you up, it is so important and key to gaining that balance in your day. Now, if you’re on vacay and in those summer temperatures like here in Florida right now, you will want to swap hot bowls for refreshing overnight oats.
Macro tracking? Depending on your brands of course…. This version gives: Carb/33.7g Protein/14.3g Fat 4.2g You can use My Fitness Pal to adjust this accordingly.
I’m no stranger to overnight oats and today I’m sharing one of my favourite ways to enjoy them – I am using good old fashioned Quaker Oats as they do really make for the best overnight recipes! You can use any milk product you like with your oats but after making this recipe, I found that I prefer using light apple juice for this. This is so easy, I do like to soak my oats for a few hours first before mixing it all up in a mason jar, then top it off with a lid and let it set overnight. Or you could just throw it all together if you are in a rush. Most people approaching a new lifestyle change like fitness or a balanced way of eating claim they have no time to do so. That’s just rubbish!
And…. voila! In the morning I have a beautiful jar of overnight oats! Really this is a great base for any flavour combination, but I’m a big bananas for breakfast fan. If you’ve got guests and you’re not particularly counting macros I always add slices of banana and chunks of walnuts to top it all off. Just to make it look like I made an effort, ha ha!
BANANA NUT OVERNIGHT OATS
Course Breakfast or anytime you dam well like 😉
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 1 serving
- 20g Quaker Oats
- 3 ounces Light Apple Juice (I used Healthy Balance by Old Orchard with only 1.5g carbs 0 fat & protein)
- 4 ounces Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt (I used Public Greenwise)
- A pinch of cinnamon if you like it
- 2 oz Banana chopped (add more sliced if not watching your macros or to impress)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped walnuts
- Add Quaker Oats, apple juice and dash of cinnamon to a jar, refrigerate.
- In the morning or an hour or two later, stir in the chopped banana and walnuts, stir and refrigerate covered overnight.
- Eat or top oats with more sliced bananas and pecans and enjoy!
Such a simple, yet delicious recipe. It all starts with using quality ingredients, so make sure you’re picking up the best!
What is your favorite way to eat overnight oats?