The breakfast obsession continues! These super autumnal overnight oats will provide a breakfast you can grab from the fridge and go; packed with delicious flavour. Apples are high in antioxidants and provide a delicious crunch to these Apple Date Overnight Oats. Experiment with the amazing variety of organic apples available, I am using CMI Orchards Organic Apples! Prepare in fancy glasses and hand them around for a special treat. You could top them with a dollop of zero fat greek yogurt and garnish with some leftovers. I used Public Oats and Dates and Old Orchard Apple Juice because it is so low in carbs, perfect when you want flavour but a healthy option. This recipe is completely dairy free which I also love. Have this with a scoop of your favourite protein powder and almond milk to really set you up for the day, I like to aim for around 30g of protein at breakfast.
Macro tracking? Depending on your brands of course…. This version gives: Carb/28g Protein/4g Fat/6g You can use My Fitness Pal to adjust this accordingly.
You can use any milk product you like instead, I would suggest opting for Almond milk. I soaked my oats overnight in mason jars with a lid and let it set overnight. Or you could just throw it all together if you are in a rush and leave n the fridge, and portion out the mixture evenly if making a large batch. Most people approaching a new lifestyle change like fitness or a balanced way of eating claim they have no time to do so. That’s just nuts!
APPLE DATE OVERNIGHT OATS
Course Breakfast or anytime you dam well like 😉
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 1 serving
- 25g Publix Oats
- 2 ounces Light Apple Juice (I used Healthy Balance by Old Orchard with only 1.5g carbs 0 fat & protein)
- 10g pitted chopped dates
- 1.5 oz chopped apple (add more sliced if not watching your macros or to impress)
- A pinch of cinnamon if you like it
- 7g chopped pecans
- Add Oats, apple juice and dash of cinnamon to a bowl, stir in the chopped apple and pecans and dates.
- Put into a mason jar with a lid or cling film, stir and refrigerate covered overnight.
- Eat or top oats with sliced apple, pecans, cinnamon sticks and enjoy!
Such a simple, yet delicious recipe. It all starts with using quality ingredients, so make sure you’re picking up the best!
What is your favorite way to eat overnight oats?