What is trust in a relationship? Trust is the faith you have in someone that they will always remain loyal to you and love you. To trust someone means that you can rely on them and are comfortable confiding in them because you feel safe with them. It is the building block for any relationship without which the foundation will always remain shaky. The same goes to some extent to the trust you have in your Personal Trainer or Nutritionalist, sometimes your journey together can mean you speak often, even daily and of course open your heart to them to establish a deeper understanding of you as a person to help them achieve your goals.
Why is trust important in a relationship? Trust is that foundation upon which your relationship can survive the hardest of times. In fact, without trust, you cannot sustain your relationship for a long time. At times when I am working with a client there can be periods of frustration when we are working towards a particular goal, I require their total trust in me to get them there, even at times when they don’t necessarily agree with my suggestion at first.
Lack of trust is one of the reasons for relationships to fall apart in any capacity. Here is why I believe trust is the driving factor in all relationships.
- You cannot love without trusting a person equally you cannot have faith in them either. As mentioned earlier, trust is the building block. Just like how a child trusts her mother and thereby loves her, your partner, client or for me sometimes social media audience needs to know that you are trustworthy and won’t ditch them in difficult times. And…. there are difficult times with any goal, it’s how you rise from them that keeps you on track to reaching your required peak or ultimate happiness.
- Trust helps overcome obstacles. It is the binding factor for all cracks and differences. You know deep down that you can overcome the problems and feel safe and secure with the person that you trust.
- Trust helps in healing. When you get hurt in your relationship or you lose faith in your progress, you get over it due to the deep trust that you have in the other person.
- It helps control your emotions. The degree to which you trust a person determines how much of yourself you want to give to him/her. To achieve great things with your progress it is so important to open up about your thoughts and feelings on the journey you are on. A problem shared is a problem halved.
- It is reassuring. Trust gives you the reassurance that your partner loves you despite the arguments and fights that you might have. That is the key to a long-lasting relationship. This part has nothing to do with body image, weight-loss or getting in shape – but it’s there anyway.
Building trust is a two-way process, it is important to trust and equally important to be trusted. That requires mutual effort and commitment. Before building trust, you need to understand each other’s expectations and what trust means to you.
Whether you are looking for a relationship on a romantic level or a professional one it will only flourish based on communication, loyalty, commitment and ultimately TRUST. Finding the right person to help you reach your potential is key. Personal Trainers come in all shapes and sizes (literally), they also have varied approaches and backgrounds, knowledge and personality. Finding someone to suit your personal needs is so important. Which is why I offer complimentary consultations where I spend time talking to prospective clients at length about who they are, what makes them tick and ultimately to see if we are a perfect match together. Gladly most don’t run and hide 😉
Fancy a chat? Drop me an email at email@example.com I am currently offering new clients a great offer £50 off my 1-1 coaching programmes and anything from my swimwear collection. Just click this link https://mailchi.mp/3bc61464d651/get-spoilt-today
“Without communication there is no relationship. Without respect there is no love. Without trust, there is no reason to continue.”