Getting a ‘Bikini Body’ is one thing, but keeping it? That is the hard part. How many of us reach our goals only to relax our new routine and let it all go to waste? This won’t be happening to you, we have put together a Luxury Swimwear Guide to help keep you on track now that the Winter months are approaching. Ladies, it’s only Winter for a few a short time so lets keep up the game…
Okay, so for weeks now, even months you have beaten yourself in the gym seven days a week to get in shape for just seven days in the Sun! Well if you have you are crazy to let this all go to waste. But, what a seven days they were, right? There is nothing quite like the feeling you get when looking your best; but keeping that hard works results can be more difficult than a few extra sit-ups. Getting side-tracked at the Starbucks counter seeing those big fat fluffy blueberry muffins becomes too much, and it all goes crazy wrong!
So this is your kick up the ass, a 15 minute workout you can do anywhere, if only we were doing it on the beach that would make it even better! We recommend that you do each move as many times as you can for 40 seconds, with maximum output, then rest for 20 seconds before starting the next move. Repeat the circuit three times, do it every day and no one will ever know you went back for that muffin, we promise!
Step 1: Jumping Squat
Targets: Thighs, Glutes
- Starting in a standing position, keep your back neutral and don’t hunch over.
- Squat down, keeping your weight through the heels.
- Drive up in an explosive thrust, jumping up and leaving the floor as you straighten the legs.
- Land softly in the squat and repeat as many times as you can in 40 seconds.
Don’t cheat, listen for that beep. Word of warning, this exercise can be quite hard on the knees, if you feel any pain stop immediately and work on a static squat without the jump!
Step 2: Power Burpee
Targets: Full Body
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart.
- Squat low, reach forward and place hands on the floor in front of you.
- Take the weight into your arms and shoulders, kick back into a high plank.
- Drop hips to the floor, followed by the chest, so your whole body is lying on the floor. Try not to have a snooze!
- Push up through the arms and snap the legs to the chest into a squat.
- Drive up through the legs into a jump… And down you go again and again…
Tip! As you begin to improve, throw in a 30-second static plank between exercises for a working recovery.
Step 3. Jumping Lunge
Targets: Glutes, Hamstrings, Thighs
- Stand in the forward lunge position with your right leg in front of your left.
- Drop your back knee to the floor.
- Driving through the heel, explode off and switch legs in the air so you’re opposite leg is now forward.
- Land softly and absorb the downforce into the lounge, with your knee close to the ground…
Now, 40 seconds of those, if you please. Again, a word of warning, this exercise can be quite hard on the knees, if you feel any pain stop immediately and work on a static lunge without the jump!
Step 4: Plank Shoulder Taps
Targets: Upper and Lower Abs, Glutes, Shoulders
- Start in a High Plank, feet just wider than shoulder width apart, arms locked out straight.
- Engage your core.
- Slowly lift your right hand to your left shoulder, keeping hips straight. Repeat with the other hand. Keep going, it’s form over speed with this one.
There you are all done, and it didn’t take any time at all did it. Not only will this keep you toned and in shape, it will also give your mind focus and boost your immune system in those winter months. Don’t fall trap to the couch potato position, it would do you no good and will put you in bad shape for your next vacation. Bearing in mind we should not just keep our bodies in fantastic shape for bikini weather, it really helps for winter too! Think skinny jeans and toned legs….
Keep up the motivation with a new bikini from our selection at www.luxuryswimwear.co.uk at least you will have a goal to work towards, we all need one of those….